Full disclosure, I was never a book reader, and it was only at later phase of my younghood, I picked a few books, and a few of them helped me to achieve more success than I could have ever imagined.
In the initial days, they were just another read, and now, it all started making sense. The wisdom of these books helping me to navigate life like a skilled master builder.
Now, I’m going to keep this simple and share some of the best books that you should read, despite your age. I’m recommending books based on various genres and only those books (out of many that I have read) which could improve your life in various aspects.
This is one of the best books on understanding how habits work, and how you can form a new habit. Very interesting to read, and something that has radically helped me to let go of a few habits, and helped me form new habits.
A few years back I was struggling with being organized, and a successful friend told me about this popular technique called “Getting things done”. I also happened to meet the author of the book, when I was in Portugal. Anyhoo, the last part is not important, but what important is, the content of the book.
This book is not an easy read, and you should mix this with watching some YouTube videos on “Getting things done” techniques to make most out of it. None the less, this book will make you a productive powerhouse.
This book changed my way on how I look at the money and wealth. I wish, something like this should have been taught at @school level. Either way, if you are someone who is struggling with making money, Rich dad, poor dad is for you. By the way, the tagline of this book is “What the rich teach their kids about money that the poor and middle class do not“.
There is nothing more important than living a life with integrity, and truth be told, not all of us are blessed with principles of integrity. This book is all you need to live a life where you earn love and respect from your family, peers, and your own self.
This book is not for everyone, but if you are someone who is intrigued by spirituality, this book is for you. I believe every human should learn about Spirituality, as spiritual growth will help you see yourself beyond your name, religion, country.
My spiritual journey has taught me something profound, which has radically transformed my life. This book + another one “The power of now“, had a great impact on how I see life.
- The Power of Now
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
- The law of attraction
For Bloggers & Writers:
- The AdWeek Copywriting Handbook (Must read for bloggers & writers)
- The Unpublished David Ogilvy
- The CEO’s mindset
There are a few ways by which you could read the book:
- Kindle: Kindly is a hardware device by Amazon, which is designed for reading. However, a lot of users are not aware, that they can download Kindle mobile app (Android & iOS), and buy books from Amazon in Kindle format to read on their phone.
- Audible: You can always download the audio version of the book, and listen to them.
- Blinkist: This is an app that shows the book summary, and great for super busy people.
- Paper version: My favorite, as a paper version of books, helps me to stay focused, and I could shut down myself digitally, and connect with books in its real form.
I prefer the paperback version or Kindle version mostly. However, I let you pick the one that works the best for you.
How to keep up with new books that I read?
There are two ways, you can keep yourself informed of new books that I read:
- GoodReads: This is a social networking site for book readers. When I done reading any book, I simply marked them as complete and also rate them.
- Instagram: I have created a story timeline, where you could find a list of life-changing books. Check out on Instagram